SMB Construction Company’s Credentials:
Just some of the qualities that make us restoration specialists.
SMB Construction company is fully licensed, bonded, and insured in Ohio and Michigan.
SMB Construction Company’s Credentials: Other Construction Services:
Here are some of SMB Construction Company’s credentials.Not only are we restoration specialists, we are a full service construction company. Our five Estimators have over 120 combined years of experience. We can handle your claim from mitigation to construction. Therefore, our clients do not have several bills. We are a financially sound company, having been in business since 1979. We do not require up front. We collect the payment once our clients are fully satisfied, and signed a completion form. Here are some of the other services we offer. We are a one stop shop for all of your emergency restoration
SMB Construction Company’s Credentials: Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification:
We are certified with the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). We are passionate about doing the best for our clients, so we make sure we hire the most qualified technicians. Being certified with the IICRC helps us to be up to date on the latest cleaning and restoration techniques, and it gives our clients the peace of mind knowing the job will be done right the first time. So what does having certified IICRC technicians mean to you, click HERE to find out. Here are our IICRC certifications, as well as course descriptions from IICRC:
- Fire and Smoke Restoration Technition (FSMT)-The Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician course concentrates on technical procedure for successfully completing the restoration of a fire and smoke damaged environment. Students will learn how to combine technical procedures with a practical approach to managing the job site and how that relates to pricing the job.
- Carpet Cleaning Maintenance Technician (CCMT)– The Commercial Carpet Maintenance Technician course teaches entry-level commercial carpet cleaning techniques to individuals engaged in the maintenance of commercial facilities. In addition to the basics of carpet construction, emphasis will be placed on teaching the IICRC S100 carpet cleaning methodologies, safety procedures, and pro-active techniques to individuals who will perform these procedures in the field. Course graduates will have a basic understanding of the importance of preventative, interim, restorative and salvage cleaning and how they contribute to the overall success of the commercial carpet maintenance program.
- Applied Structural Drying (ASD): The IICRC-approved ASD course is designed to teach the effective, efficient and timely drying of water-damaged structures and contents, using comprehensive classroom and hands-on training, in order to facilitate appropriate decision making within a restorative drying environment.
- Floor Care Technician (FCT): The Floor Care Technician course is an introductory level course in hard surface floor care. Topics covered include Industry Overview, Health, Safety, and Liability, Floor Covering Materials, Chemicals, Tools and Equipment, Floor Care Principles and Procedures, Specialized Floor Care Procedures, Problem Solving and Trouble Shooting, Managing the Floor Care Function, and Industry Resources.
- Health and Safety Technician (HST): The Health and Safety Technician class is a must for anyone performing restoration or mold remediation! This course is provided to increase safety in your workplace and reduce your company’s risk of costly fines and penalties. It is also designed to put you ahead in the restoration industry to show insurance companies you and your staff are ahead of the competition regarding health and safety. Topics to be covered are: OSHA standards, Inspections, Citations and Penalties, Record keeping, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Hazard Communication, Hazardous Materials, Confined Spaces, and Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Upholstery Cleaning Technician (UFT): The Upholstery and Fabric Cleaning Technician course covers upholstery fiber categories, fiber identification and testing, manufacturing of the fiber and fabric, chemistry of cleaning, upholstery cleaning methods, protections, spotting and potential problems. A student will have a specific knowledge about fabric and fiber content, as well as furniture construction. This enables students to identify limitations and potential cleaning related problems, on a given piece of upholstery.
- Water Damage Restoration (WRT): The Water Damage Restoration Technician course is designed to teach restoration personnel that perform remediation work to give them a better concept of water damage, it’s effects and techniques for drying of structures. This course will give residential and commercial maintenance personnel the background to understand the procedures necessary to deal with water losses, sewer backflows, and contamination such as mold.
- Odor Control Technician (OCT): The Odor Control Technician course covers olfaction and odor, odor sources, detection process, theory of odor control, equipment, chemical options and applications. The student will learn how to address odors caused from biological sources such as decomposition, urine contamination, and mold, combustion sources such as fire and smoke damage, and chemical sources such as fuel oil spills or volatile organic chemicals.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Technician (AMRT): The Applied Microbial Remediation Technician course covers mold and sewage remediation techniques to individuals engaged in property management, property restoration, IEQ investigations or other related professions. Emphasis will be placed on teaching mold and sewage remediation techniques to individuals who will perform these procedures in the field. Course graduates will be adequately equipped to perform remediation services, while protecting the health and safety of workers and occupants.
SMB Construction Company’s Credentials: Inservice Training Network:
We are also certified with the Inservice Training Network to keep in compliance with the EPA and OSHA rules:
- Lead Safe Renovator: The Lead-Safe Renovator Course is for individuals seeking to represent themselves as a lead-safe renovator. There is no license for lead-safe renovator. This one-day course meets Ohio’s requirement for training. Individuals passing this course will receive a certification of course completion. This certification does not entitle individuals to perform lead abatement work but does satisfy training requirements for some renovation programs.
SMB Construction Company’s Credentials: We are Certified to Use Omegasonics to Clean Your Most Precious Items:
Restoring our client’s most treasured items after a disaster is one of our specialties. Using our ultrasonic cleaning process, we are able to remove all the mold, mildew, and smoke from items. If you want to learn more about ultrasonic cleaning click HERE.
- Advanced Contents Restoration Certification Course: Omegasonics offers the most comprehensive contents restoration certification and training program for mold, fire, and water cleaning. This advanced course is an extensive class on how to properly clean many different types of surfaces.