Prevent future problems with proper mitigation in the first 48 hours.
SMB Restoration Specialists can help you with water and sewage damage
SMB Restoration Specialists is experienced at providing emergency flood mitigation services. In the event of a residential or commercial disaster, our staff is ready to provide clean up services. SMB Restoration Specialists will respond promptly to your emergency and begin the process of restoration to minimize the damage and make sure your home or work place is a comfortable, clean and healthy place to be.
Regardless of the source, water damage can be kept to a minimum when responded to within the first 24 hours. SMB Restoration Specialists has a full inventory of specialized water damage control equipment, organized to respond quickly to your problem. A timely and appropriate response to a water claim can greatly reduce home or business interruption costs and property damage.
Nothing has the potential for more dramatic change in project scope and cost reduction than a properly executed building dry out and dehumidification plan. From pump-outs to complete dehumidification, SMB Restoration Specialists has a full inventory of equipment, knowledge, and experience you can depend on.
Water and Sewage Damage Restoration Services Include:
- Stopping the Water/Sewage Flow.
- Extraction and Dehumidification.
- Mildecide Application (kills bacteria, prevents odor, and mold growth).
- Carpet/Flooring Removal, Replacement and Repair.
- Roof Repair.
- Drywall Removal and Repair.
- Painting and Finish Work.
- Content and Furniture Restoration.
Call us at 800-840-8501 for free inspection.
Water and Sewer Damage Testimonial:
I just had a room repaired by your company for water damage. I want you to know how pleased I am with the work. I live in a 108 year old home that has had much done to it over the years and the work your employees did was some of the best I’ve ever received. I found your employees to be very professional, friendly, and helpful. They all had marvelous work ethic and, in my opinion, had exceptional talent. I already recommended SMB Construction Company to friends who are moving into a 100 year old farm house in Findlay, Ohio.
More Restoration Tips for Water and Sewage Damage:
- Make sure you stop the incoming flow of water.
- Turn off the electrical breaker for the damaged area before you touch any wet electrical items.
- DO NOT use any electrical devices while standing on wet carpets of floors especially concrete.
- If the ceiling is wet and/or sagging, do not go in that room.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting. DO NOT use your home vacuum to pick up the water.
- Try not to walk on the wet floor as much as possible so that you don’t spread the damage to other areas. When you do, be careful not to slip when traveling from wet area to onto linoleum, tile or wood.
- If possible keep the indoor temperature at approximately 70 degrees.
- Turning on the air condition systems in the summer will help dry the area.
- DO NOT place wet items on unaffected carpet or wood floors.
- Get loose toys and objects off of the floor.
- Remove rugs, boxes, plants or other small items that might stain carpet.
- DO NOT use newspaper to walk on because the ink will transfer to the floor below and cause permanent staining.
- Place foil or plastic under furniture legs to prevent staining. Wipe excess water from wood furniture.
- Get floor length curtains off the floor by placing them through plastic hangers and hanging them on the rod.
- Hang furs and leathers to dry in a separate area at room temperature.
- Move valuable items such artwork or paintings to a dry safe place.